4-8 Weeks Before You Move:
* Contact your local Cross Town Movers agent to schedule a convenient time for a free estimate.
* Have a garage sale or donate your unwanted items.
* Make a list of everyone you need to notify of your move.
* Obtain change of address cards from your local post office.
* Check with your school on transferring your children's school records.
* Find out from the IRS or your accountant if moving expenses are tax deductible.
* Contact your insurance agent to discuss your insurance needs for your new home.
* Select a new bank in your new city.
* Begin to organize your medical and dental records.